Sunday, July 3, 2011

This will be the new posting location of my current projects, ideas and fascinations. From 2004 to 2009 I was studying at Emily Carr where I began painting and then eventually moved on to make more sculptural based work that tended to rely on installation and spacial awareness, or an enhancement of the installation space. Since my teens I have been experimenting with making clothing and only at around 2008 (?) did I begin to take that more seriously. At around this point in time, the use of textiles became more prevalent in my work and currently I would say it is my medium of choice.

Textiles, fibers and fabric are very much integrated into our everyday experience in banal and also extraordinary ways. What excites me about this realm of materials is the potential for experience. Tactility and spacial perception, aesthetic communication of colours and patterns and social/cultural/subcultural reference/politics are what keep me wrapped up in fabric.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers